Welcome to App Friday, a weekly promotion of family-friendly apps at free and special prices. We will be Turbo Boosting to make up for my quiet vacation mode last week. Check out apps for Apple devices, apps for Android devices, and some apps with relevance to the Common Core standards. For real-time fun, join us on the App Friday Facebook page to connect with developers, details below.
Clicking the links will take you to the app description, which has more information about each app. Parents and teachers, please preview the apps to understand the features before making it available in your home or classroom. Promotional pricing lasts until 8pm US PST Friday, unless extended by the developer.
- Montessori Letter Sounds HD, $.99
- Double Scoop (tool to connect with grandparents), FREE introductory price
- Trash Chaos HD (game about ecology), FREE
- Catch the Monkey (help save the farm from the monkeys), FREE
- Builda the Re-Bicycler (eco conscious storybook), $.99
- Noodle Words (early learning animated words), $.99
- Chess Academy (introduction to chess), $.99
- Mathlands (logic and critical thinking), FREE always, + IAP
- Marble Math Jr. (tilt to solve math problems), FREE
- The Pete & Sneakers Bath and Bedtime Show (coplay game about bedtime routines), FREE
- The Clever Tailor (classic storybook in English and Spanish), FREE
- Puzzleosaurus (prehistoric puzzle game), $.99
- Magic Town (storybook world), FREE + subscription
What About Android / NOOK / Google Play / Windows?
Common Core Standards and Apps
From developer of ==> Montessori Letter Sounds
Foundational skills for Kindergartners. Phonics and Word recognition 2. Demonstrate understanding of spoken words, syllables, and sounds (phonemes). d.Isolate and pronounce the initial, medial vowel, and final sounds (phonemes) in three-phoneme (consonent-vowel-consonent, or CVC) words.* (This does not include CVCs ending with /l/, /r/, or /x/.) 3. Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words. a. Demonstrate basic knowledge of one-to-one letter-sound correspondences by producing the primary or many of the most frequent sound for each consonant.”
RF.K.1. Demonstrate understanding of the organization and basic features of print. RF.K.2. Demonstrate understanding of spoken words, syllables, and sounds (phonemes). RF.K.3. Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
- Jellybean Tunes App Report: Volume 35
- What’s new on the MWA Banner?
- Summer of Fun & Learning, at Technology in Education
- Abitalk, apps for phonics and early learning, have specials running every week.
- Join us on Twitter using the #appfriday hashtag to Retweet your favorite apps!
Around-the-World On Facebook
Join app developers on the App Friday Facebook page for some real-time conversation. Gatherings start at 10:00am San Francisco time, and 10:00am Paris time. Posts about your app news are welcome, along with greetings in your local language (we LOVE that!). Chime in to see who is there – you might make a great connection!
Add links to your favorite apps, blog posts, Facebook pages – or any link that covers family-friendly apps. Please include the app name (or page name) in the Link Title, your email, and a URL. Thanks for participating!