Welcome to App Friday, a weekly promotion where you can download family-friendly apps at special prices. This week we have all sorts of Hats and Ties to go with your apps. Dive in and have fun!
Participating iOS Apps:
Clicking the links below will take you to the app description, which has more information about each app. Parents and teachers, please preview the apps to understand the features before making it available in your home or classroom. Promotional pricing lasts from 8pm US PST (San Francisco Time) Thursday to 8pm US PST Friday, unless extended by the developer.
- MeMeTales (subscription storybooks) FREE + subscription
- EduKitchen (early learning fun in the kitchen) $.99
- EduPaint (touch and paint activity book) $.99
- Goodnight Safari (bedtime animal storybook) FREE
- iLearnWords Japanese (get familiar with Japanese) $.99
- Brush of Truth (choose your own path through the story, ages 8 to 12) $.99
- Brush of Trush iPhone $.99
- Stella and the Startones (open ended play with constellations) $.99
- Frosby Early Learning Teacher (early learning animals, colors, counting) $.99
- Firefighter Puzzles (animated jigsaw puzzles), $.99
- Dinosaur Jigsaw Puzzles (animated jigsaw puzzles), $.99
- Sight Words Hangman (vocab, spelling, reading) FREE
What About Android / NOOK / Google Play?
MeMeTales – Google Play
Common Core Standards and Apps
From developer of ==> Brush of Truth
Approximate Grade Level(s): 3-6 | Language Arts
Examples of standards this app could help instigate…
W.3 – Write narratives in which they recount two or more appropriately sequenced events, include some details regarding what happened, use temporal words to signal event order, and provide some sense of closure.
W.6 – With guidance and support from adults, use a variety of digital tools to produce and publish writing, including in collaboration with peers.
SL.4 Describe people, place, things, and events with relevant details, expressing ideas and feelings clearly.
Father’s Day Fun
- App Cap Giveaway, from Software Smoothie (see Rafflecopter Entry Form below)
- Make an App Tie for Dad, from Kid Capsule
- Memetales Readathon, perfect time for summer reading
- Jellybean Tunes App Report: Volume 34
- What’s new on the MWA Banner?
- Summer of Fun & Learning, at Technology in Education
- Abitalk, apps for phonics and early learning, have specials running every week.
- Join us on Twitter using the #appfriday hashtag to Retweet your favorite apps!
Around-the-World On Facebook
It’s summer and the living is easy. Join app developers on the App Friday Facebook page for some real-time conversation. Gatherings start at 10:00am San Francisco time, and 10:00am Paris time. Posts about your app news are welcome, along with greetings in your local language (we LOVE that!). Chime in to see who is there – you might make a great connection!
- 10:00 am Paris time
- 10:00 am San Francisco time
- World Clock
Add links to your favorite apps, blog posts, Facebook pages – or any link that covers family-friendly apps. Please include the app name (or page name) in the Link Title, your email, and a URL. Thanks for participating!