As social media is streaming #autism awareness, I’ll take a moment to spotlight a remarkable advocate for families with autism. Shannon Des Roches Rosa, most recently interviewed on KQED’s Forum, is a charismatic force from the Bay Area helping the universe translate autism in productive, realistic, and resourceful ways. If autism touches your life and you’re not sure what happens next, I recommend putting Shannon’s blogs and tools on your checklist.
- Autism Rates on the Rise – Friday, March 30th Radio Interview on NPR/KQED’s Forum with Michael Krasny / Dave Iverson
- The Thinking Person’s Guide to Autism – BLOG
- The Thinking Person’s Guide to Autism – BOOK
- The Thinking Person’s Guide to Austim – FACEBOOK PAGE
- BlogHer Contributing Editor | Special Needs
- Various articles on iPads and Autism (and workshops) linked from her personal blog
- @shannonrosa on Twitter
Autism Resource Link Exchange
Other resources or ideas for Autism Awareness Day? Please add the URL to the Link Exchange below. I’ve thought of several already (app developers, of course!).