This weekend at the SheStreams conference, Lynette and Lorraine are speaking on the topic of “Taking Your Brand Mobile”. We’ll be covering the details of the app marketplace learned from our own experiences, to share with those interested in creating mobile applications. This outline is a reference for session attendees which includes hyperlinks to case studies from our blog.
Why are you going mobile?
- To launch a new mobile product?
- To keep your existing brand current?
- To make money?
- To add value to your customer base?
- Know your goals upfront so you can match your expectations accordingly
Have you studied the competition?
- How many apps are like yours?
- What is the price?
- What platform (iOS/Android)?
- Which ones are on the charts?
- How are they marketing the app?
Developing Your App
- Finding a developer
- Outsourcing your development
- Requirements doc
- Graphics & audio
- App design
- Budget & timeline (ROI)
- Single or multi-platform
- Developer license
Marketing Your App
- Price structure / promotional pricing
- iTunes category
- Ratings & reviews
- App review sites
- Social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube)
- Promo codes
- Press releases & PR coverage
- Case Study: Bright Start Apps & MemeTales
- Features – What’s Hot, New & Noteworthy, New Releases
- Charts & rankings
- iTunes reviews
- Metadata (iTunes App Description)